RE: Collecting domain names for the official SPF website.

2005-06-16 07:42:51

Scott Kitterman wrote:
Why do we need to pick?  I pointed the a record for senderpolicy.com/net/
/org/biz/info/us at the correct IP and, except for the graphic in the
upper left corner, it just works.

Why not just tell all the volunteers to point their a records
appropriately. Over time your logs should tell us what the market has
decided.

An interesting approach, but it won't work.  Everybody would link to the
website using their favorite domain name.  After a few months, we'd have
links on the web to about 25 domains, and then we'd have to maintain all
of those domains as permanent assets of the project in order to protect
the website against malicious diversions by any of the domain owners.

We really need to restrict ourselves to a small set of domain names that
the project can actually maintain permanently easily.

Good point...

There is also the chance that the site will face duplicate content
penalties in the search engines (particularly google).

People should be welcomed to point domains at the site, but on the
webserver side, one domain should be settled on and then a rewrite
rule should be implemented to 301 redirect all others to the main
domain.

-mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr(_at_)easydns(_dot_)com>
Co-founder, easyDNS Technologies Inc.