Re: Community Vote: Official Project Domains -- Results

2005-07-08 10:11:09

william(at)elan.net wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, wayne wrote:

today at 00:00 UTC the first community vote of the SPF project, "Official
Project Domains", has ended.  These are the results:

http://www5.cs.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/andru/civs/results?id=E_4995a148aacc26c1

| 1. openspf, open-spf

fyi;

I've tried a couple of times to get a hold of James to talk about
having the SPF community have control over the openspf.org domain
name.  So far, I have not gotten any response back.

I think you should give more time for James to respond, its summer and
he maybe on vacation.

He was contacted immediately after the vote result was declared, and twice more since then. How long do you want to wait?

Also I don't think you can just quite so easily get use of openspf.org domain (i.e. set new 'A' address) - arrangements must be made to insure that its current content (i.e. comunity position) and links to that are preserved and working.

Good grief - it's not rocket science to create a subdomain of openspf.org and use that for the current content. It's not exactly up-to-date anyway " Last updated: Thu Nov 25 02:46:35 PST 2004 " and that position statement is being overtaken by events anyway and will not be valid forever.

I managed to change the A records in my openspf zonefiles in about 5 minutes - I am quite sure James is more competent than I.

Slainte,
JohnP