Re: Council log censored

2005-07-11 04:35:09
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 02:51 -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Frank Ellermann wrote:
LOL.  Okay, let's assume - only as a working hypothesis - that this
wasn't a case of "embrace and extend", but PEBKAC.
[...]
[...]
You really shouldn't say such things with invisible smileys:

You really shouldn't be talking in acronyms and metaphors all the time.
(Yes, I had to look up "PEBKAC", and yes, I will probably have to look it
up again in a month or two, because this acronym is not one of those that
actually ease my life.)

I always understood PEBKAC to be reference to human error using the program
or system used when you want to distinguish it was not a computer BUG.

Not entirely certain how that applies and if we're talking about the same
thing. What does it stand for anyway?

PEBKAC: Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Computer

In other words: it's not a bug, it's the user who is at fault.

Greets,
 Jeroen