Re: Council log censored

2005-07-11 05:09:14
william(at)elan.net wrote:

I'm curious where these dates came from?

Cut-off for -00 drafts is today, that's why they have to
submit DKIM today no matter what you think of it.  General
cut-off is one week later (July 18), then the Secretariat
is occupied with the IETF meeting.

My understanding is that there is 2 months time since
the decision was first announced and that means appeal
has to be made before August 29th, is that not correct?

Sure, the Secretariat will resume business as usual in
the week after the Paris meeting (after August 5 ?).  The
cut-off date is only about I-Ds, not other stuff, but I'm
paranoid after the last minute addition of Caller-ID to
MARID, the MARID shutdown, Mr. Hardie's "RfC editor note",
the strange SPF considerations, the "SIDF" approval as is
despite its known incompatibilities with v=spf1, the IESG
ignoring all public warnings that this can't fly together,
Brian e.a. avoiding all dicussions about it, Meng still
claiming that there's no real problem, and Julian talking
about "discussing" with Redmond.

Hell, they can buy countries and the president of the EU
commission whenever they want, this "discussions cannot
hurt" dream is what killed everybody who tried it.  Bye.