Re: Re: Council log censored

2005-07-10 21:02:35
In <42D1E1C5(_dot_)12D(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

wayne wrote:

Julian is *way* behind on the meeting minutes.

The IESG is now at <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/iesg.2005-03-31> -
Council at <http://spf.mehnle.net/Council_Meeting/2005-02-09>

http://spf.mehnle.net/Council_Meeting/2005-04-27 is the most recent
SPF council meeting that I see.  Yeah, not quite two months old.  Not
good, but we have had a busy two months.

The directory views <http://spf.mehnle.net/Council_Resolution/>
and <http://spf.mehnle.net/Council_Meeting/> don't work at the
moment.

Yes, you can't view the directories, there is nothing uncommon about
that.  You can view the indexes by removing the trailing slashes.

Meng said that it would be hard to schedule a meeting, so he
is going try and set the times.  I trust that he will.

Now after Greg has accepted to join the SPF Council that point
is not more a live-and-death matter, but you were so >.< close
to a potentially blocked Council.

I disagree.

There are lots of reasons for resigning that are purely
personal

Not within 77 minutes,

Again, I disagree.  There may be many reasons for resigning, of which
most of them could be purely personal and then when you add one more
reason, it pushes things over the edge.

Again, I don't understand why Chuck did what he did, but until I hear
a good reason why it is something I need to worry about, I'm not going
to worry about it.  If Chuck wanted to tell us, he would have, and I'm
not going to pry.

In my experience in hiring, firing and having employees quite, I have
found that you can never really replace someone.  Instead you get a
new set of skills and plusses and, sadly, a new set of problems.
My experiences with being on standing committees like this is much
more limited, but I expect it is similar.  I think Greg will be a very
valuable member of the committee and that he won't completely replace
Chuck.

Greg received only 7 fewer votes than Chuck.  So, as far as the SPF
community goes, Greg is about as representative as Chuck was.

When (if?) we have our next election in Nov, it will be interesting to
see who runs and how the voting turns out.  But maybe we will be lucky
and the spam problem will be solved by then.  That is certainly what
I'm going to be trying for.

-wayne