Council log censored

2005-07-10 15:36:02
After the discussion of Chuck's resignation as Chair of the SPF
Council - <http://mid.gmane.org/42CD6CD6(_dot_)8000407(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com> -
the Council declined to follow Chuck's last agenda...

| 1. Minutes.
| 2. Chair's report.
| 3. ED's report.
| 4. The unethical IESG approval of the v=spf1 abuse for PRA.

...posted 77 miutes before his resignation.  Instead they used
<http://mid.gmane.org/200507102105(_dot_)20320(_dot_)julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net>
 as
new agenda:

| 8. How to proceed with regard to Microsoft, Sender-ID, and
|    PRA?
| 9. How to deal with the IETF?

The log was cut off exactly 20:52:

~~~ snip ~~~
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:13:15 +0200
From: Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
To: wayne <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
Subject: IRC log hangs

Hi, the log stopped at

| 20:52 <MarkK> I am still fundamentally opposed to abusing
|               v=spf1 records for checking PRA.
~~~ ~~~~ ~~~

The log continues:

21:17 <grumpy> Uh, I guess we should have pointed out that the
           council has moved into executive session to discuss
           strategy that can not be discussed in public
21:40 <grumpy> We have decided to table items 8 and 9 pending
           the results of further discussions during the
           emailauthentication summit on Tuesday

Anything else from 20:52 to 21:40 was censored, see also
<http://mid.gmane.org/E1Drjnj-0001pc-Fs(_at_)backbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net>

In other words there's no public strategy against the IESG
approval of the PRA "experiment" with v=spf1 policies, and
the Council talks in secret with the MAAWG (Doubleclick etc.)
keeping the Community in the dark.

I can only hope that the Community is not tempted to accept
these MAAWG-delaying games.  An appeal before the IETF meeting
in Paris has serious chances, that's what they want to avoid.

                     Bye, Frank