Re: Re: Any actions coming in regards to approval of SID drafts for RFC and their IETF "approved" reuse of v=spf1 records ?

2005-08-21 19:33:27
In
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)62(_dot_)0508210931260(_dot_)22065(_at_)sokol(_dot_)elan(_dot_)net>
 "william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> writes:

Now I note that since Wayne said that SPF Council made a resolution to
go with appealing the decision it is COUNCIL'S responsibility to follow
up on this resolution (and QUICKLY!). That means you either decide who
of the SPF Council members would be making an appeal next week or you
deligate to to somebody else, but you can't just leave it up in the air
as time to will run out very very soon.

The SPF council resolution said that *someone* should prepare an
appeal, not *a council member*.

Again, I don't think that the appeal will likely cause any changes to
the drafts, and I don't think it would be a productive use of my
time.  Therefore, you should not expect me to file this appeal.  I
voted for the motion simply because I understand that others would
like to see an appeal.

If I understand Meng's possition correctly, he thinks that the changes
we would be asking for would *hurt* SPF, so I very much doubt he will
file an appeal.  Meng abstained.

Julian said he would do it, but Julian has also explained to me on IRC
that he has been very busying doing work that he gets paid for right
now.  Unless something changes, I think you should probably not expect
him to have the time to file the appeal.

GregC also abstained on the motion, so I doubt you will see the appeal
filed by him.

So, out of the council members, that leaves MarkK.  Mark hasn't been
posting much here lately, I think he is also busy with non-SPF stuff,
but I'm not sure.

Frank has said that he will not file the appeal because he has already
filed one in the last year.

So, I would say that *IF* an appeal is going to be filed, it will have
to be done by one or more non-council members who frequent
SPF-discuss.  You might have some luck pulling in Julian and/or MarkK,
I'm not sure.

William is right about running out of time.  To be quite honest, I
thought time had already run out.

-wayne