Re: Re: Any actions coming in regards to approval of SID drafts for RFC and their IETF "approved" reuse of v=spf1 records ?

2005-08-21 09:46:52

Pretty much all that Frank just said is good. I'll note that there is no
requirement to send copy of appeal to ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) What
should be done
(just as a way to confirm the day of the appeal and that it happened) is send copy to some public list (i.e. it could be spf-discuss or even
mxcomp list), but sending well worded appeal to main ietf list could
facilitate discussion of this topic with general IETF audience which maybe
beneficial to the case (but could backfire as well). Also it might be
good to mention that experiments should not conflict with existing standards
(and not only with other experiments) and should be limited only to those who agreed to participate - neither one is true in case of SID (but the
problem is I can't find any IETF document that actually formally says
there should be no conflicts although to me as probably to many others this is kind of obvious prerequisite)

Now I note that since Wayne said that SPF Council made a resolution to
go with appealing the decision it is COUNCIL'S responsibility to follow
up on this resolution (and QUICKLY!). That means you either decide who
of the SPF Council members would be making an appeal next week or you
deligate to to somebody else, but you can't just leave it up in the air
as time to will run out very very soon.