how long to wait for openspf.org?

2005-08-06 12:59:51
In
<6(_dot_)2(_dot_)3(_dot_)4(_dot_)2(_dot_)20050806125116(_dot_)059c3170(_at_)MS1(_dot_)MailSys(_dot_)Net>
 Commerco WebMaster <Webmaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net> writes:

William,

At 11:53 PM 8/5/2005, William wrote:

Go with openspf.net, open-spf.net or open-spf.org. You have more
then enough domains to make it unlikely people would come to wrong
place.
(and SPF-Classic is too "classic"-centric)

Agreed.  openspf.net is a solid temporary alternate platform to
openspf.org.

I think openspf.net is too close to openspf.org.  I could live with
open-spf.net thought.  As discussed in the IRC logs Julian posted,
there are quite a few serious domains that have a dash in them,
including rfc-editor.org, m-w.com, penny-arcade.com.  Open-spf.net
wouldn't be my first choice, but I think it is acceptable.

              We should take John Pinkerton's word from an earlier
message of his that James Couzens is just very busy for now.  James
reiterated his commitment to making openspf.org available to the
community in a message he sent to this list around June 16, so we
should believe that it is committed, as no honest man would make such
a public commitment to the community and then just back out without a
word.

A month ago, I would have certainly agreed with you.  I even
suggested to several people that transfering the domain from James
wouldn't be needed because I thought James would be a reliable
trustee.

I am now both very annoyed by James' behavior, and am in doubt that he
will ever "find time" to do the transfer.  Doing the domain transfer
would take all of 5-10 minutes.  How many people can honestly say that
they believe that James hasn't had 5-10 minutes of free time in the
last month and a half?  Add to that, James' hints that he would be
more likely to "find time" if his libspf website was advertised to his
liking on the libspf2 website.

       His absence from this list since that message suggests how busy
he must be.  I am certain he will be good as his word.

James has been largely absent from the SPF lists for the last 9
months.  James is not responding to emails from anyone other than
JohnP, and I'm under the impression that he isn't responding to JohnP
very quickly either.  If anyone knows James feel free to contact him
and ask him why he hasn't delivered on his promises.

-wayne