Re: [spf-discuss] the SPF website domain name

2005-11-02 07:56:20

Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
On 02/11/05, wayne <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wrote:

In <x4br15vcuo(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

Should we switch domain names now?  (I think so)

Should we send out an announcement?  (I think not, it is *very* old
news.)

Ok, so far I've seen four people who have said yes to switching the
domain name.  I've seen four people say that there should be an
announcement and two people who said no.

For the sake of the discussion, let me object to both the switching
and the announcement. :)

If you are going to make a fuss out of nothing, no-one is going to
listen to you when you really have something to say.

The boy who cried wolf is ignored.

However your assumption "nothing" is incorrect. The old spf site, with its references to pobox is a shame, because pobox does not follow the websites recommendations for how to implement SPF, and does not reject on failed SPF. Hmmm. It's almost like pobox feels its a RECEIVER policy, but the S stands for SENDER.

Terry

Cheers,
Constantine.

Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085