Re: [spf-council] Re: [spf-discuss] the SPF website domain name

2005-11-02 21:40:13
In <200511030018(_dot_)jA30IbSh097541(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> Mark
<admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net> writes:

In <x4br15vcuo(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

Should we switch domain names now?  (I think so)

I think so; no better incentive to get the new site going than to actually
have it in use. :)

But not as long as http://www.openspf.org/ still points to James' site. This
was actually supposed to have been fixed a long time ago, right? Good thing
I checked. :)

I think it would be a very bad idea to switch from using spf.pobox.com
to www.openspf.org *AND* also switch to the new website right now.
There is almost nothing on the new website.

To make things clear, what I am talking about doing is:

* When you type in spf.pobox.com, you will be redirected (HTTP 301) to
  www.openspf.org.

* When you go to www.openspf.org, you will see the current website
  that you see with spf.pobox.com.

* This would *JUST* be switching the domain name.

* I would then go around and try to get people to switch their links
  from spf.pobox.com to www.openspf.org.  (I would appreciate help on
  this matter.)

* At some future date, when the new website is ready, we would switch
  www.openspf.org to the new website.

To get to the new website, you would still need to use
new.openspf.org.

To get to James' old website, you would go to old.openspf.org.  (You
can do this right now.)

-wayne