Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-23 08:55:04
On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 03:23:35PM +0000, Graham Murray wrote:

My mistake, I should have said client as it is the client which sends
EHLO to the server. There is no need for the client's IP address to
have a PTR record.

I'll see your statement without proof, and raise you RFC1033 which
tells me otherwise:

"INSTRUCTIONS
  [...]
 Adding a host.

      To add a new host to your zone files:

         Edit the appropriate zone file for the domain the host is in.

         Add an entry for each address of the host.

         Optionally add CNAME, HINFO, WKS, and MX records.

         Add the reverse IN-ADDR entry for each host address in the
         appropriate zone files for each network the host in on.

"

Alex