Re: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF adoption statistics

2005-11-23 15:50:22
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 08:35:24AM +1000, David Beveridge wrote:
And then there is RFC 1912.

[snip]

Side note: I'm sure there is an RFC about top posting as well.

I'll see your statement without proof, and raise you RFC1033 which
tells me otherwise:

Great.  So we have RFCs from 1987 and 1996 pointing out how to manage
DNS and now, at the end of 2005, people are still saying it doesn't
work that way because windows and {aol|yahoo|tele2|wannado|...} cannot
cope with it.

Sometimes I wonder why we are trying to make things better, if people
will not be adjusting anyway.  Almost everyone wants fraud to go away,
but not a single big organisation is willing to put their money where
their mouth is and do things right.  Some are worse than others, granted,
but they are all saving a few bucks at the expense of other netizens.

Alex