Re: [spf-discuss] "In other words, it's fairly easy to get SPF wrong. "

2005-12-30 14:42:39
Gary Faith schreef:

Why would I look INSIDE the spec file?

Because you should never, ever use a spec file before double checking
that it won't cause harm to your system. It is quite possible to totally
wreck a system with a accidentally malformed spec file. Especially since
the spec file was not specifically written for a SuSE system, this must
trigger a warning.

I am not a programmer, I am busy
too and do not have time to read configuration files.

In that case, you need to hire someone to do it for you. Not having the
time is a very poor excuse for asking other people to fix your problems.
We're all busy.

I did read the INSTALL file and the README file. Nowhere in the INSTALL
file and the README file did it state:

# NOTE THAT THE TEST SUITE IS CURRENTLY BROKEN
# YOU MUST USE rpmbuild --without checks

The README states quite clearly that it is new code and should be
treated as such. You were warned and should have been extra cautious
after reading that. Not being a programmer yourself, ask yourself if
running essentially unfinished (unstable) code is what you want (can
handle). If you don't have the time and skills to fiddle around with it,
go with something that's more stable.

Nor did the README file state anything about the tests being broken.

It didn't state many other things to fix either, that's why I mentioned
the TODO file too.

Arjen