[spf-discuss] Re: Evolutionary site change

2006-03-11 19:16:01

Scott Kitterman wrote:
Still cc'ed to spf-discuss for the larger issue:

Still cc'ed due to the significant changes described below, but please
follow up to spf-webmasters only.

Frank Ellermann wrote:
related to <http://new.openspf.org/Community/xyzzy1> ?
[...]
The normal [Support] page without my additions still has no search /
NNTP / RSS and what else GMaNe links.

Right.  I updated based on that.  Thanks.

I moved the detailed mailing lists and IRC channels lists from the "Sup-
port" page (as supplemented by Frank) to the "Forums" page[1] (formerly
"Discussion"; sorry to Scott who had originally named it "Forums" already
- -- you were right, Scott, there's just no better name for it!) and jazzed
it up a bit.  It should be far more user-friendly now.

The "Support" page now only explains the various support options (mailing
lists, IRC channel, direct contact via the form on the old website) and
links to the "Forums" page.

Can we change the "Forums" page [on the old website] to link to the new
[website's] Support page as previously mentioned?

to http://new.openspf.org/Forums (the preferred method for the website
transition).  All links to the old "Forums" page thus now lead to the new
"Forums" page.

Also, when I went in to work on that page, how was I supposed to know
there was a community page that I should merge into it too?

You weren't.  It was mentioned on spf-webmasters a few times, but there's
no general infrastructure for that.  I think I'll implement a page footer
comments feature similar to that used by the PostgreSQL documentation
website[2] so people can leave comments on all pages where it isn't
explicitly disabled (like the front page).

(But it will take another month or so, because I'm right in the middle of
another big upgrade of the Wiki software.)

And how would I get the Wikified source of that community page so I don't
have to re-wikify the submission?

http://new.openspf.org/Forums?raw=1, or just edit the page in question,
then you can copy the source code from the edit form.