Re: [spf-discuss] Bug in Gmane forum interface

2006-06-21 13:14:02
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 03:07, Mark Wolk wrote:
In the form, I wrote my address as markwolk(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com . I also
copied some
headers of one of my emails *****in the body of the message*****. One line
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
of these headers had the following information:

For some reason, the Gmane interface sent then an email to
me(_at_)a-la-carte-france-tours(_dot_)com asking to confirm that I was the
poster!

This is a bug which I suggest should be fixed urgently.

I would describe that as perhaps a feature not a bug, but in any case it's an
issue with gmane.  I'd suggest you contact them.  We have no control over how
gmane works.  All we did was ask that our lists be added to their service.

Sending the confirmation email is a feature.  Sending it to something that
happens to look like an email header field in the message body is a bug.