Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Which SPF implementation to choose?

2006-08-25 09:41:40
We (Uniwares Ltda) are in the process of opensourceing our SPF
implementation, targeted at Windows environments. Although it should be
easily portable (no windows specific api's), we didnt test under any
non-windows OS.
Our implementation is written from scratch in C++, developed and tested
under VS2003/2005 and fully compatible with RFC 4408. Still working on
supporting the test suite. It comes without the event sink, which might be
supplied later on.

Any suggestions which license to use? BSD? GPL? LGPL?

On 8/22/06, Julian Mehnle <julian(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net> wrote:

Ulrike vom Stein wrote:
> I am using IIS. There are several windows based solutions which use SPF.
> What I am interested is to know which solution is based on which SPF
> library. Wouldnt that be a good information on the openspf website?

As far as I know, none of the Windows/IIS/Exchange solutions are based on
libspf or libspf2, they all use proprietary SPF implementations (which
needn't be a bad thing).

The "SPF Event Sink"[1] by Johan Strand is probably the most open one, but
it is no longer under active development and is listed as "Alpha" quality
software on SourceForge.

The other Windows/IIS/Exchange solutions, "Policy Patrol Spam Filter",
"MailEssentials", "Sunbelt Messaging Ninja", are all commercial products.
Depending on your other mail filtering needs, it may be worth buying one
of them.