RE: [spf-discuss] Re: Exim ACL at http://www.ols.es/exim/spf.acl -- is it gone?

2006-11-25 13:44:22
Julian Mehnle wrote on Friday, November 17, 2006 12:03 PM -0500:

I see.  So Exim's native SPF support really seems to be the best
solution now.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Be aware that under Debian, where Exim is the default MTA, the
maintainers have packaged a special version of Exim compiled
without SPF support.  Their docs state that they did this to avoid
encouraging the use of SPF, which they do not like.  I bring this
up to point out an opportunity for activism, should anyone feel up
to the challenge.

Anyone is free to recompile Exim from source under Debian.  IMHO,
most people won't bother, and in fact they will see a disparaging
note in the docs about SPF.

--
Seth Goodman