[spf-discuss] Re: forwarded mail being bounced (by spf check)

2007-01-27 12:12:45
Seth Goodman wrote:

I suggest you refrain from stating that this has anything to do
with the "point of SPF fail".  It does not, and it never has.

This is obviously untrue - the very first SPF Web page prominently
talked about "SPF breaking forwarding".  It's the intended effect
of SPF FAIL policies to be rejected at the border of the receiver.

Bouncing FAIL later can't work (to whom ?), and silently dropping
SPF FAIL later also won't work if it could be a legacy forwarding.

Many people who are interested in SPF read this forum, and I'd
hate to see any of them take away that misinformation.

Yes, that's why I correct your desinformation - after three years
it's unlikely that you missed the point of SPF FAIL wrt MAIL FROM.