Re: [spf-discuss] advice wrong, or is it?

2007-12-21 06:56:02
On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 09:07:25AM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 03:53 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
Would anyone know why google would say the following?

<quote class="wrong">Publishing an SPF record that lacks
include:aspmx.googlemail.com or specifying -all instead of ~all may
result in delivery problems.</quote>

Note:  they say "~all" is good, "-all" is not.

They would say it because they believe, like many others, that the
fundamental principle on which SPF is based -- that forwarding does not
happen -- is completely wrong. And thus that publishing a '-all' record
invites people to throw away genuine mail. For the normal definition of
'genuine', that is, not the SPF NewSpeak definition.

I'm not going to rehash that argument.

I know what you think of SPF, and you know what I think of you. What wonders me
is why you keep spreading your FUD if you are so opposed to SPF.