Re: [spf-discuss] Re: advice wrong, or is it?

2007-12-21 13:28:38

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 13:16 -0700, WebMaster(_at_)Commerco(_dot_)Net wrote:

Now if someone is forwarding my email, claiming to be me, I don't
care for that behavior, thus I have an SPF record in an effort to
prevent that.  Where am I going wrong?

You're not. Just don't try sending mail 'from you' through any existing
SMTP systems out there. Common practice for decades would be for them to
send it on without changing the reverse-path. To expect otherwise would
but extremely naïve.

You're welcome to invent your own email system. Just don't whine that
you didn't give your 'permission' when you send your mail through SMTP
and mail servers behave the way they always have.

--
dwmw2