Re: [spf-discuss] Re: advice wrong, or is it?

2007-12-21 14:23:06

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 22:07 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
On Fri, Dec 21, 2007 at 08:55:22PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

I was just answering Alex's rather stupid question. He asked why anyone
would recommend using ~all rather than -all, as if he'd forgotten the
fundamental brokenness of SPF. I was just reminding him.

Questions aren't stupid. Some answers are, as are trolls such as yourself.

It was a very strange question. You seemed to have forgotten that some
people advocate against SPF because of the way it tries to retroactively
declare 20 years of SMTP behaviour as 'wrong', and the fact that it
causes genuine¹ mail to be thrown away.

You asked why someone would advocate against using -all, and I reminded
you. It was a perfectly reasonable answer, and there's no need for
childish attacks in reply.

--
dwmw2

¹ Again, I feel I have to point out that I mean the normal meaning of the
  word 'genuine', not the SPF NewSpeak meaning.