Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Google NOT rejecting on SPF Fail.

2007-12-28 08:53:13
On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 03:40:03PM +0000, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Steven F Siirila wrote:
On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 03:43:57AM -0700, David MacQuigg wrote:
At 06:18 AM 12/28/2007 +0100, Frank Ellermann wrote:
Let's hope that folks *forwarding* their mail to Gmail look into
their spam folder at least once.  Gmail also offers to poll POP3
mailboxes, and so "traditional forwarding" should be rarely used.

Good point.  We need to educate folks on this.

If that means saving your POP3 password at gmail.com, then this is
exactly what we do NOT want here.  Yet another reason to support
traditional forwarding, at least here.

Just for the record:  If the alternative is forwarding all your mail from
your other account to GMail, then they're already getting all the
information behind your password!  So where's the problem with giving
them your POP3 password so they can fetch your mail actively?

Two assumptions are being made here.  First, that ALL mail is being forwarded.
Second, that the account being forwarded is ONLY used for e-mail.

--

Steven F. Siirila                       Office: Univ Park Plaza, Room 750
Internet Services                       E-mail: sfs(_at_)umn(_dot_)edu