Re[8]: [spf-discuss] Trying to understand the best recommendation for my client, help appreciated.

2009-05-13 07:14:38
At 03:14 13/05/2009  Wednesday, Sanford Whiteman wrote:
Let's call a halt to measuring who's knowledge of what is bigger and
focus on answering the original question.

Good idea. I am answering it off-list.

my view sod it! if help not wanted from those with expertise let them go and
f*ck up however they want

as to the libraries and OS/programming details

no, familiarity is unimportant to anyone but the programmer

a good programming team {i have been involved in many} has a protocol expert
assist to ensure protocol/BCP adherence
I just needed the api details /manual {but as i say if their to lazy to post
the uri, why should we bother}
to see if it can do the job and if it can advise on all the points where they
may /not adhere if not explicitly specifying values

in your case the datapoints without seeing the manual are

if you had bothered i could have told you where they are specified

IP{s} ensuring its has FcRDNS, ensuring FcRDNS has SPF-deny and csv-deny so
trojans and malware can't degrade the reputation of the mailer
helo/ehlo ensuring it adheres to RFC , has SPF, has CSV, points at all IP(s)
above, and in BCP is not==FcRDNS but is on same domain
mail from: <envelope sender> ensuring adheres to RFC ,it has SPF for IP(s)
above}, has MX's, is read/handled correctly

and in the mail
date:  ensuring adheres to RFC
message-id: ensuring adheres to RFC
from: ensuring adheres to RFC , has sender-id, passes dkim/domainkeys if domain
has these, has MX's, is read/handled correctly
{and if issues with sender-id,  dkim/domainkeys ensure sender: or other
workarounds are employed}

and any other as required by content being sent and origin {ie if web mail a
received: header showing protocol as http and originating ip and via for any
proxies}