Re[12]: [spf-discuss] Trying to understand the best recommendation for my client, help appreciated.

2009-05-13 18:14:45
if the answer given is wrong explain how the manual indicates it
the very method to use to set the envelope-sender

*sigh* Among other details, MSDN indicates that the apparent sendemail
property  in  Configuration.Fields  is  one  of several macros for the
Sender property on the Message object, and that the EnvelopeFields can
only be accessed in the context of SEO.

{i'm  not claiming it is the only or best method just the first seen
via a cursory glance a documentation}

You  have  not found a method that works. It is neither only nor best:
it _does not work_. And the reason you do not know this is that you do
not have experience with the technology at hand.

You  actually  said  that familiarity with a library is unimportant to
"anyone but the programmer" -- anyone but the programmer who wrote the
compiled  library?  *snicker*

no anyone but the programmer writing the app that utilises the library
{how is this not obvious!!}

It's not obvious because, um, neither interpretation makes sense.

[1]  The library programmer, [2] the systems programmer, *and* [3] the
person  who acts like he can help anyone with any library in fact need
to be familiar with the library. Or they screw up. Which you did.

where   do   i   lie   about   familiarity,  I  have  installed  and
configured/fixed exchange servers since it was first released. yes i
never  recommend  it  {but  that  is  simply due to its longstanding
non-rfc  non-BCP  behaviour*}  but many of my customers run it and I
administer it for them.

Anyone  who has really supported Exchange has heard of CDO: your claim
continues to be flatly unbelievable.

I  say again: it's perfectly fine for you to not have heard of CDO, as
it  is not RFC-standard SMTP technology: why do you take this truth so
hard  that  you keep trying to be master of all domains? You seemed to
bow  out when you said you aren't a "M$" user, but once I said I would
take  it  from  there, you tried to act like you could have equivalent
success  to  someone  who  (a)  is a programmer and (b) is not overtly
unfriendly to Microsoft products.

*even now its incapable of forwarding messages in a way that
complies with microsoft's own demands on forwarders to comply with sender-id

I  havn't  claimed  any authority on M$ or CDO, just on SPF and SMTP
Sender-id  etc.  I HAVE stated i have never heard of CDO and have no
need to not being a software programmer

As  I  said  -- it seems so long ago -- you can't believe you are have
the  expertise  to  help someone with using an SMTP library if you (a)
are not a programmer and (b) have never heard of the library.

That's  what  product-specific  experience  is  for.  You  can  hardly
convince  experienced professionals that there is no utility to having
day-one familiarity with actual products, not just RFCs.

why would anyone want to do that? i worked for MSN for long enough
to know that i wouldn't ever want to do that

Then stop pretending you can help people with Microsoft technology!

That can be very dangerous: you might not care to use  tired epithets like
'M$' and 'tecNOT' anymore, and what fun would
life  be  if  you  couldn't  mock  somebody's  platform  choices while
claiming you were there to help (for money)?

sorry but yes i will berate their tech as long as i see it being
the main PITA for all of the mailsystems of receivers and senders i maintain

I  am  not  denying  that  the  company deserves a measure of mockery.
However,  these epithets are so cliché at this point that they seem to
me  to indicate platform fascism and willful ignorance more often than
they indicate a mixture of skepticism and skill.

Your  performance  in not having heard of CDO and not even trying your
would-be  solutions  does nothing to dispel my intuition in this case.
It  may  not  apply  in other forums (for example, when people use the
epithets in support lists for Windows products).

Anyway,  go  get  'em  on  the use of frames, le tigre. You want me to
PayPal  you  something  for  your  trouble  in  going  to MSDN for two
seconds?

as i said i wish to discontinue this continued personal attacks, i
find it inappropriate for a supposedly professional forum
I have not resorted to your level and only responded here due to
the personal nature of your comments

Hm, your "if help not wanted from those with expertise let them go and
f*ck  up however they want" isn't an implicit attack on the person who
has decided to provide help (not to mention an attack on the OP)?

--Sandy