[fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-23 12:14:10
On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 02:04:23PM -0400, Rob Funk wrote:
I think moving fetchmail development to a branch of GNU would be fraught
with political issues that I'd prefer to avoid.

Yes. That is a good point.

One advantage to Berlios is that it allows using Subversion rather than CVS
(though CVS is still an option).

Alioth supports Subversion. To be honest though, I have heard some
complaints about the Subversion access being flaky. However, I haven't
had any trouble with it yet.

Other than finding a place to host development (and the all-important
naming),

Naming-wise, I think it would be best to continue to use the fetchmail
name. It wouldn't require and changes in the codebase, and to me it is
the most logical thing to do. The only reason not to would be if esr
wanted to continue development under the old name. Whatever happens
though with regards to naming, I think it is a small detail.

Eric, do you have a problem with a new group continuing fetchmail
development under the fetchmail name?

--
gram