RE: [fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-23 22:56:55
-----Original Message-----
From: fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
[mailto:fetchmail-friends-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Rob Funk
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 6:40 AM

I'm hoping to hear from more people before going forward, though.

Ok, my 0.02<insert currency of choice here>, for what it's worth...

I would like to see the development of fetchmail get going again.
Partly for the one minor change I'd like to see (configurable syslog
tags - handy if you're running multiple fetchmail daemons) but largely
so we can resolve the #1 complaint people have with fetchmail - it's
handling of emails with incorrectly formatted headers.

I think keeping the fetchmail name is important, partly for continuity.
However having seen how much of a disaster that is for the amavis
projects (amavis, amavis-perl, amavis-perl [again], amavisd, amavisd-new
and amavis-ng - all normally referred to as "amavis"), you want to be
careful as fault reporting can be a nightmare.

It would be nice to return to the days when fetchmail "just works".
Something that it hasn't been able to honestly claim for some time now.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?