Re: [fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-24 14:29:44
Graham Wilson <graham(_at_)debian(_dot_)org> writes:

Matthias, do you guys have a bug tracking system for bogofilter, and if
so, what are your experiences with it?

We have two bug trackers:

#1 bogofilter(_at_)bogofilter(_dot_)org (mailing list)
   in combination with David's and my brains

#2 the sourceforge tracker. It is simple, but works well.

I used to use jitterbug for another project and it was outright
awful. My users didn't really accept it either, so it soon fell into
oblivion. Notifications a weak point, and access control beyond
description. It wasn't even close to a spitting image of a bug tracking
system.  Maybe I didn't use it properly, I can't say.

I have also used cvstrac. It's virtually unmaintained nowadays and I
didn't like the tracker either. Notifications the weak point, and
virtually no access control either. Not very usable IMO.

Debian's bug tracker seems fine (but requires a subdomain), I don't know
Bugzilla's requirements.

FreeBSD use a modified GNATS, which sort of works, but is too raw IMHO.

I haven't used either of these:

http://www.edgewall.com/products/trac/ - Trac is supposed to interface
                                         with subversion, requires
                                         Python, SQLite, Clearsilver

http://scarab.tigris.org/

and if you don't have settled on a mailing list software yet, may I
kindly suggest that you consider Mailman 2.1 alongside the other
options you may be evaluating. It's not perfect, but of the handful of
list servers I've seen both as admin and user, it has a rather smooth
overall performance, and I might be able to answer setup questions
(would you kindly ask them off-list).

Shouldn't we just continue to use fetchmail-friends for the time being?
Is there any reason to switch?

Depends on how angry the non-programming users will get at us :-)

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95