[fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-23 22:42:09
On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 11:21:27PM -0400, Rob Funk wrote:
For now, I propose the name of "Community Fetchmail", with the
installed filenames remaining the same.

Later my sense of irony kicked in and I came up with "Bazaar Fetchmail",
though I don't think it sounds quite as good.

Graham Wilson wrote:
I suppose your not interested in coordinating releases, though, since
you no longer use fetchmail? Given that you are a backup maintainer,
though, would you be interested in giving the new project an initial
push?

I'm definitely interested in pushing things along.

To me that would include choosing an individual or small group to have
commit access to some central repository. That individual or group can
then choose whichever hosting solution is best for them.

I figure it makes sense to start with Eric's "backup maintainer" list; of
the four people on the list, as far as I know only Sunil Shetye and I are
still around.  I'm also inclined to offer commit access to Eric, in case
he wants to participate in the new effort.  From there we can add more
(Matthias Andree would probably be next on my list, and you might be a
good candidate too, as well as a couple others).

I'm hoping to hear from more people before going forward, though.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full