Re: [fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-24 14:08:39
Graham Wilson wrote:
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:39:52PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
Bugzilla,

My opinion with regards with bug tracking software is that it would be
overkill for a project the size of fetchmail.

I disagree.  I think bug tracking software would be quite useful. Otherwise
it's too easy to lose track of what's been reported and what's been fixed.

Bugzilla has a clunkier feel than I really like, but it has all the power
you'd ever need.  The last time I chose a lighter and more streamlined bug
tracking system because I thought Bugzilla was overkill for my needs, it
turned out to be a big mistake not to go for the more powerful system.

SVN would be fine with me, CVS well, if it must be,

I'll have to throw my vote in here for Subversion also. It is what I use
to maintain the Debian fetchmail packages, and I have had a very good
experience with it.

I haven't used Subversion myself yet, but it seems to be a more
future-proof choice than CVS, without breaking from the CVS paradigm too
much.

Shouldn't we just continue to use fetchmail-friends for the time being?
Is there any reason to switch?

I think we should end up with separate user and development lists.  And no
matter what's up with ESR, he indicated that he doesn't even have admin
access to it anymore, leaving it somewhat orphaned.

That actually brings me back to Clint's earlier comments.  I mentioned that
I'd prefer that we use a community site rather than a private site to host
this stuff, but I didn't explain why.  The reason is that I don't want to
get into another situation where we're depending on a single person.
That's what brought us to this point, so lets not make the same mistake
again.

--
==============================| "A slice of life isn't the whole cake
 Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> | One tooth will never make a full