Re: [fetchmail]Re: fetchmail fork?

2004-05-24 15:04:04
Following up on myself, in the hope I don't catch anyone in the middle
of his typing a response.

Graham Wilson <graham(_at_)debian(_dot_)org> writes:

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:25:44PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
I have consolidated Sunil's two patches into one that I call
fetchmail-6.2.5-ss1.patch, and my add-on patch (that goes only on top of
Sunil's applied patch) is fetchmail-6.2.5-ss1-ma3.patch. This is half a
year old by now... URL: http://home.pages.de/~mandree/fetchmail/

Matthias, do you think you might be able to split these patches and send
them to Rob?

OK, the difficulty is this:

Sunil sent a mail to ESR and me on 2003-11-27, Subject "Re: POP3 vs
UIDL". It followed up on some of the ideas Sunil or I had muttered about
in the list in November 2003, and included a
"fetchmail-6.2.5-splituid.patch" of 117 kB. The patch bore no license,
and applied on top of these two patches Rob lists:

2003-10-17-6.2.5-shetye-popfetchsizelimit.diff
2003-11-07-6.2.5-shetye-bugfixes.diff

So, after Rob's naming, it would be

2003-11-27-6.2.5-shetye-splituid.patch.

I'll forward Sunil's and my mails to Rob off-list (for the size) so he
can put that patch online.

There are two minor problems with that:

1- no license. Personally, I'd assume Sunil would use fetchmail's
   license, GPL.

2- Sunil's mails have been private mails, and I am hesitating to publish
   these. *I* don't see anything that might embarrass him, but he might
   think otherwise, how do we know?

Last sign of life from Sunil that I have is dated 2003-12-03, any
subsequent mails I sent have not been answered yet. Last mail I've seen
from ESR was dated 2004-01-13. About ESR's whereabouts I know as much as
Rob summarized in the thread opener, nothing beyond.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95