Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail fork?

2004-05-25 04:15:09
Rob Funk <rfunk(_at_)funknet(_dot_)net> writes:

I've also quickly skimmed through the patches and highlighted the ones that
look like they should be in the first round to go in.  I have not,
however, checked for conflicts between the patches, and I deliberately
left all the UID stuff for after the first round.  Let me know if anyone
disagrees with my choices there.

How about this model:

Last sign of life from Sunil that I have is dated 2003-12-03, any
subsequent mails I sent have not been answered yet. Last mail I've seen
from ESR was dated 2004-01-13. About ESR's whereabouts I know as much as
Rob summarized in the thread opener, nothing beyond.

The most recent message I see from Sunil was December 23. I hadn't realized
it had been so long; that's disappointing.

The most recent fetchmail-friends message I see from Eric was April 27,
after I CC'd him on my discussion with Brian about LAST.  He also had a
letter in last week's Linux Weekly News (regarding the Cisco code theft),
dated May 17.  And now thyrsus.com seems to be down.

The domain is - according to WHOIS information - registered to Thyrsus
Enterprises, 22 South Warren Avenue, Malvern, PA 19355, USA. Admin
Contact is Eric Raymond, 6 Karen Drive, Malvern, PA 19355, USA, Phone
number is also given but I won't reflect it here in order not to feed
cold advertising calls.

The Technical Contact is DNS Technical Contact, 47071 Bayside Parkway,
Fremont, CA 94538, USA, 510-687-7000.

The registrar is TUCOWS Inc, the record was updated on March 8th, 2004
and will expire on May 9, 2005.

HOWEVER, the DNS entries for Thyrsus.com doe not match the WHOIS
records, DNS returns:

$ host -t NS thyrsus.com.
thyrsus.com             NS      thyrsus.com
$ host -t A thyrsus.com.
thyrsus.com             A       66.92.53.140

That last IP is listed as grelber.tyhrsus.com in whois, and whois lists
ns1.valinux.com and ns3.valinux.com as other name servers.

TCP-tracerouting TCP ports 25 or 53 of 66.92.53.140 makes it through
three level3.net hops (#5 to #7 in my case), then
110.ge-0-0.er1.nyc1.speakeasy.net (69.17.83.214) and times out after
that.

One of his other domains is catb.org, with mail service provided by
mail.ibiblio.org that doesn't tell us what catb.org mail address are
valid and which aren't and will just accept any catb.org address.

I recall there have been strange contents on ESR's former home page,
www.tuxedo.org, and now there's some slashsite.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95