Re: [fetchmail] fetchmail fork?

2004-05-25 05:36:14
Brian Candler <B(_dot_)Candler(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 01:13:31PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
HOWEVER, the DNS entries for Thyrsus.com doe not match the WHOIS
records, DNS returns:

$ host -t NS thyrsus.com.
thyrsus.com             NS      thyrsus.com
$ host -t A thyrsus.com.
thyrsus.com             A       66.92.53.140

The delegation matches. You have to remember that a zone contains NS records
too; if they don't match the NS records from the delegation, then either
they override them or are added to them, depending on which version of bind
you are running.

Your 'host -t' command is sending these requests to your local DNS cache of
course. Taking this out of the loop:

Argh. I should have done The Right Thing from the start, to trace
manually from the roots.

[...]

I imagine that at some times when this box does respond, it responds with
the "NS thyrsus.com" that you have seen in your cache, and I've seen in
ns3.valinux.com's cache.

Yup. Thanks for looking closer than I did.

Anyway, the domain is totally borked. There's no point listing two
secondaries if they are lame.

Call about deteriorating net presence.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95