Re: large messages

1991-08-16 10:49:54
A basic premise of communications theory is that if you want to
communicate something to someone, you should make it possible for the
target recipient to receive and understand what you are trying to
communicate.

If you do not wish to communicate with the target recipient, then it is
easiest to just not bother to send anything.  It is pretty silly to send
stuff that will not be received.  Packaging the report as two messages
is a much less difficult task than is the prepartiona of the report in
the forst place.  I think it is a good idea to keep the relative efforts
in perspective.  A very small effort by the publisher will save lots of
hard work by the many receipients who need the smaller message size.

So, in my view, the burden of breaking the messages up into smaller
sized bundles is properly laid upon whoever wants the information to be
received.  As I read this situation, this means that the publisher of
the INTERNET MONTHLY REPORT "owns the problem" of packaging it so it can
be received by the intended recipients.

Cheers...\Stef