Re: large messages

1991-08-17 14:18:57

I can't cobble together my version of a "telephone", hook it up and
complain to my local RBOC when it doesn't work?  I guess I could

    If you do not keep influencing those users, they will never realize the
    importance of having a standard version of "telephone".  The existence
    of these users can bring you trouble if you do not educate them, and can
    bring you benefit (e.g. market sharing) if you give them a chance to
    understand your points.

Tell me, how should the Internet be different?  Do we have an
obligation to accomdate and random thing that pops up, to the
disadvantage of all of the conforming hosts and networks out there?
Do we abandon trying to develop standards, and expectations that
people should actually USE them?

   These are the totally useless questions to me!  We (you and I and other
   TCP/IP/SMTP collegues) do not have religious conflicts!
   I intended to tell you in my previous msg that the telephone network
   users are much more than Internet users.  We should find a way to
   significantly improve the situation.

If people want reliable, functioning Internet service, they should be
expected to invest in products that work.  It's that simple.  It's not
like it was 10 years ago when we all had to write our own TCP
implementation to get our hosts on the network.

   Great point!  Who is clammoring for it in the marketplace?!  No one as yet.
   Everyone wants to be out of the so called "endorsement", meanwhile, novell
   has been widely discussed on the streets!

   shannon
   -------