Re: Headers: the universal character set option in detail

1991-10-18 04:21:30
What I was thinking of when complaining about 14 headers is that people
will want to use extended-charset in the headers *they* think are important.
These might be Mail-defined, News-defined, undefined (X-fruit-of-the-day)
or wrong.
A solution (like mine...plug, plug!) that lists the headers that the
encoding should apply to avoids the problem neatly, I think.

The problem with applications that ignore quotes must be minimal, or
I think Ned Freed would have changed his freeform name (or is that
a deliberate provocation, Ned? :-)
So, mnemonic might be good enough after all.

                           Harald A