Re: audio, checksums, and trojan horses

1991-11-13 09:16:41
I hadn't commented on this to Nathaniel or Ned, previously, but I think that
the /alternative option is one of the more clever ideas in XXXX.  It might
not prove useful, but is at least a good idea, for the reasons that Nathaniel
outlines.  And there already is precedent for the idea.

At a minimum, it is worth noting that we already use the idea for publishing
some RFCs.  There is a postscript version and an ascii one.  XXXX gives
a mechanism for sending them together, and indicating that they are
'really' the same thing.

Dave