Re: Another MIME test

1991-12-30 18:54:42
Thanks Nathaniel for assuring me that your 50k signature will not be a
normal attachment.

I agree on the ettiquette issue.  We need to explicate that some along
with delivery of RFC-MIME technology.  Should it be in an Informative
Companion RFC?

A point I want to raise is that the whole idea of sifnature files has
been slowly drifting out of control, with many people doing their best
to add lots of art and humor to the end of every message.  When I
think about how many copies of such trash I have in my mail files, it
makes me shudder.  Thinking about what I pay to import all that trash
does not help to accept it.

So, I would suggest that we try to subdue the tendancy for mail system
users to encumber their outgoing mail with needless trashy signatures,
however artistic or humourous they may or may not be.

As for your test message being abusive, IT WAS NOT!  It did however
cause me to send out an alert to flag future potential abuse.

Cheers...\Stef