Re: Another MIME test

1991-12-31 07:56:51
Rudy -- FAX messages are indeed lengthy -- any image format is.  I'm not
sure, but I think a typical faxed page is about 20K.  I'm sure it will
put a strain on some mail queues, but frankly I see that as part of the
price of progress.

If disk space for mail queues is a real problem, you might want to look
into using the "message/external-body" construct for your faxes.  In
that case, you'd be mailing around a *pointer* to a fax rather than the
fax itself.  Only trouble is that you'll then need to implement some
kind of garbage collection or time-out scheme for the pointed-to faxes.
You pays your money & you takes your choice...