Re: Another MIME test

1991-12-30 13:52:01

Nathaniel,

I have not had a chance to read the current specification for the new
MIME stuff.

The concern that has popped up for me in respect to our environment will
be small messages with FAX images inserted.

My concern given my lack of knowledge of FAX protocols is that between
BASE64 and the G3 specifications, we can easily end up with length
messages.

If G3 is fairly well compressed then I have no complaint, if it is not
then I (representing my environment) see a serious problem.

Our first application will definitely be fax messages since we have a
significant demand for that service as compared to other things like
voice, random images, etc.

-Rudy