Re: Showstopper from EUnet for RFC-MIME

1992-03-11 01:01:27
This discussion has long since ceased to have any technical content.  Is
there any chance of persuading your gentlemen to either stop it or stop
copying your discussions to the list.  A few of us would prefer to not
desubscribe in the even that something important comes along, but the
S/N ratio is rapidly approaching zero.
 --john

Sure. BTW, I would rather discuss the technical (or at least editorial) issue
of the grossly incorrect use of the expression 'body or body part' everywhere
in the text. I know I may sound repetitive (but hey, that seems to have become
the modus operandi here), but I can't shut up on this. Since fixing this does
not involve any political or technical considerations, and would remove from
the spec something that is not only unclear, but plainly wrong, is there any
reason, beyond lazyness, of not doing it ?

P.S. Is not Eunet a commercial network service supplier ? If so, and if the
practices of all commercial suppliers are to become mandatory in the Internet,
be prepared to see X.25 support become mandatory in the Internet to please
some PTT's... 8-)8-)8-) More seriously, the 'as if ASCII' provision seems
fair to me.                                                    /AF