Showstopper from EUnet for RFC-MIME

1992-03-10 03:41:21
From: Mark Crispin <MRC(_at_)panda(_dot_)com>

Those of us working on ISO-2022 are trying to play ball with the IESG.  If the
Europeans do not wish to play ball, then let them sulk in a corner and not
 ^^^^^^^^^

  Please don't generalize. I find it sligtly offending to be clumped
  into single group with identical carbon copy minds. There are many
  opinions here, at this point I would lean more on full ISO 2022
  scheme, and profiles would only name the registered character
  sets...

  Of course, I represent only myself, not any organization. But, then,
  EuNET is not really all Europe either. As far as I know, NORDUNET
  for example, is rather independent of Eunet (well, I don't know
  NORDUNET's stand on this issue either...)
--
Markku Savela (savela(_at_)tel(_dot_)vtt(_dot_)fi), Technical Research Centre
of Finland