Re: MTAs and Content-Transfer-Encoding conversions

1993-08-23 10:03:59
Excerpts from mail: 19-Aug-93 Re: MTAs and Content-Transf.. Keith
Moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu (1613)

Rather than introduce a new encoding, why not promote a "profile" for
quoted-printable for "ordianry text" that isn't quite as annoying to read on
non-MIME-UAs?

I second this notion.  Mark's idea would certainly have been worth
considering before there were already dozens of MIME readers on the
market, but I don't think it adds enough to justify the interoperability
problems it would create at this point.  I think a little education in
the "minimal" use of q-p for non-ascii text will help a lot.  --
Nathaniel