Re: Re[2]: yet another way to indicate related MIME body parts

1993-10-26 10:45:41
Dave,

Just to make sure we understand your proposal, are you suggesting
something like:

--aaa

--aaa
--aaa--

Where:

- "header-set" might be replaced by whatever word the community chooses,
  e.g. "related", etc.,

- Ditto for "type".

- Content-id is an optional header (not present in the above example)
  that can be used to say which body part is the one to process first.
  (The default is to process the first body part first.)

(I don't have any objection to this proposal; I just want to make sure
I understand it.  Others can debate its merits.  Speaking for our
needs, it's as comfortable as any of the proposals.

The obvious merit to your proposal is that it provides the structure
information up front for those implementations that want it, but it
permits other implementations to leave their main multipart processing
code alone.

Steve