Re: ISO 2022 (Was: Re: The Swedish Initiative)

1994-11-23 03:09:43
At  9:39 PM 11/21/94 -0500, Masataka Ohta wrote:
So, let's drive them away from the discussion and continue our
constructive work.

  As a participant for several years in the work of the IETF groups

As such a person, you don't want to admit MIME has failed to do
something. That's understandable. But don't to so.

which
have become increasingly distorted by your postings,

OK, I can now udnerstand that you are so frustrated with slow
standardization progress of MIME.

But, don't blame it to me.

MIME is badly designed for some problem it should be designed to
solve, which might have delayed the standardization.

Though I don't mind so much about the delay, I have made no attempt
to delay it.

I even resisted agaist a lot of experts, or people who think they are
so, are attempting to delay the standardization by introducing
completely unnecessary modification on 7bit and 8bit transport.

Those experts do not have real experience on non-ASCII environments
and actually are experts on writing illusionary specifications
based on pure imagenations.

and as one who's been
concerned with real internationalization of the Internet,

As a person who has been continuously failing to archive the
goal, for so long time, what can you say?

Oh, you can say and effectively has said that, despite Dave's personal
opinion, ietf-822 ML is proper place to discuss internationalization.

until you can participate in a constructive manner consistent with
the intended purposes of those lists.

The constructive ways of internationalization are already presented.

The constructive ways are not the retrospective way of using MIME
for it.

Accept the reality of the Internet outside of the US.

                                                        Masataka Ohta