Re: quoted-phrase in content-disposition header

1995-01-17 12:02:26

"Steve" == Steve Dorner <sdorner(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> writes:

  Steve> I'd be happy with either suggestion; I like them both better
  Steve> than quoted-phrase.

  Steve> Does anybody have a preference for one or the other?

I lean toward the first suggestion. Although Keith's second option is
more flexible, I think it will delay widespread adoption of
Content-Disposition.

If it were just a technical matter, the second one is clearly superior
(defers character set switching issues, allows the possibility of
transporting things like ACLs as part of the disposition) but it makes
the whole MIME package and cdisp in particular a lot more byzantine.

-Rens