Re: Time to act: draft-klyne-msghdr-registry

2002-02-12 07:20:47

At 10:44 AM 2/12/2002 +0100, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Dave Crocker <dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
> that requirement imposes considerably more of a burden (and delay) than you
> appear to appreciate.

Mind explaining?

area directors are already vastly overburdended. and the effort to do the task you are assigning is substantial.

The requirement will also, therefore, cause substantial delay.

I think striking the right balance's important: The burden should be big
enough to prevent most frivolous additions,

No. We have had 30 years of unregulated header name availability. Has there been a problem with frivolous additions?

It does not make sense to fix a problem that does not exist, and create substantial extra work and delay?

d/

Dave Crocker  <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>
tel +1.408.246.8253;  fax +1.408.273.6464