Re: Fwd: Last Call: Registration procedures for message header fields to BCP

2002-11-16 07:56:27

At 12:13 PM 11/15/02 +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:
Well if you look at draft-klyne-msghdr-registry-05.txt, which will be an
RFC very soon if the IESG are willing, you will see that the Change
Controller must be the IETF for standards track stuff. So the point is
already covered.

Yeah... I just didn't carry through properly into the initial registrations.

There is no suggestion that the contents of the registry form an RFC at
any stage, though we do have various drafts (some of them with the status
of internet-drafts, but that is only a convenience) as to what its initial
contents should be.

Well, an RFC for initial registrations (as well as the -registry- doc) is what I was thinking of, though that document isn't currently in last call. I think it's reasonable to discuss the form of such a document, since it gives some substance to the registry proposal that is being called.

I would presume that Graham will work with IANA to feed that information
to them in some agreed format.

That is my intent.

#g

Graham Klyne