Re: Angle brackets surrounding Content-ID

2004-11-05 03:52:10

On 2004-11-01 17:09, Charles Lindsey wrote:
Why can't it be mbox files? There's lots of postings that I archive
locally. It looks to me like a news article in mbox format. What's the
difference?

An mbox file contains '^From ' lines that contain the envelope From
address, plus a time stamp. Since news articles don't have any envelope,
they cannot be stored in pure mbox files.

Maybe - my newsreader just saves this info before, e.g.