Re: Angle brackets surrounding Content-ID

2004-11-08 11:27:23

Charles Lindsey <chl(_at_)clerew(_dot_)man(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> writes:
Martin Trautmann <traut(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> writes:

Maybe - my newsreader just saves this info before, e.g.

From t-use(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net Fri Nov  5 11:39:39 2004
Newsgroups: <any>
From: Martin Trautmann <t-use(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Subject: ...

It take the address from From: and the time stampe while actually saving
the posting

Ah! I see. It is unfortunate that it mimics the mail style of "^From "
line so efectively that you cannot tell the difference :-( .

That's the whole point.  Unix news readers have had the ability to save
articles into mbox files so that mail readers can read them for decades,
dating all the way back to at least rn.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>